Monday 8 April 2013

Travels | May I quickly reunite me with Paris?

Hello Paris lovers!

The city of love, light and fashion. It cannot be otherwise than that I'm totally in love with this city! In my whole live I've been seven times in Paris (especially the last two years I've often visited the city) and I still can't get enough of this place!

Paris has everything that makes me happy. The allure. The beautiful streets and houses, with those ornate French balconies. The huge museum offer (The Rodin Museum and Museum of Arts and Decoration are my favorites). The ability to spend hours walking along the Seine, sitting on a park bench in the Jardin Luxumbourg or lying in the grass under the Eiffel Tower (or what i did: drinking a glass of Moët & Chandon champagne under the Eiffel Tower at 12 a.m. on my 16th birthday). And the main ingredient that Paris has: you find yourself in the third-biggest fashion capital of the world!

But seriously, let me spend one day each week in Paris and I would be the happiest person on earth. I can certainly imagine me. Waking up at 9 o'clock in the morning in a small, but tasteful decorated, apartment about opposite the Seine. I get dressed in my Parisian ''Je ne sais quoi'' look (which means I'm dressed in Pierre Balmain and Isabel Marant) and go outside to grab breakfast at a bistro nearby. I order ''un grand café latte et un croissant avec beurre'' and meanwhile make a nice chat in fluent French with the owner. Furthermore, I visit the Museum d'Orsay in the morning and go for lunch after this is a delicious bistro in Saint-Germain des Prés. The rest of the day I spend on shopping in different areas as Le Marais and South Pigalle and settle down on the famous terrace of Café de Flore in the afternoon (where I watch people and chill out myself, while I'm enjoying the citylife). After a few drinks and amuses, I decide to stay here for dinner. And after enjoying the delicious French food again, I close the lovely day with a walk along the Seine. I glance for the last time at the river before I enter my apartment and fall asleep...

... Then to wake up the next morning at 9 o'clock in my own room in Naarden. Deep sigh. I'm thinking about the amazing day I've had and about the possibility that I might pack my stuff one day and reunite me with Paris for a while!




























Always wanted to be like a real Parisian? My mother gave me this book last summer. It's called ''La Parisienne'', written by Ines de la Fressange. She's one of the most famous French style icons and she's been modelling for years. In this book she tells you everything about how a Parisian dresses and behaves and she reveals all its hotspots, from clothing stores and restaurants to the nicest and unknown places in the city. From now I take this book every time with me when I go to Paris! Definitely a must! 

No comments:

Post a Comment